You are in the midst of deleting a bunch of files to create more space on your hard drive. You accidentally use Shift+Delete buttons to delete the files. When you do so, the files do not go to the Recycle bin. They bypass the Recycle bin and are not visible on the system.
As soon as you Shift+Delete few files from the system, the data within these files are still present on the system. Only the file entries are deleted and hence the files are inaccessible.
When files are deleted from the computer either by emptying Recycle bin or through Shift+Delete buttons, the files are marked deleted and file names disappear from the system. You can restore these files as long as there is no overwriting of data. Once overwriting happens, new data will replace deleted file space and no data recovery software can retrieve those files.
Here are few methods to recover your files after pressing ‘Shift+Delete’ keys:
- Using Restore Previous Versions
- Click on Start Menu. Now click on Computer.
- Go to the folder that contained the deleted file. Right-click it and click Restore Previous Version
- You will now see a list of all available previous versions of the file. This list contains files saved on a backup as well as restore points if both kinds are available.
Some previous versions of files
- Double click on the previous version of the folder that contains file you want to restore.(for instance, if the file was deleted today, select a version of the file from yesterday. It should contain content of the file you are looking for.)
- You can drag this file, the one you want to restore to another location.
Restore file to a previous state
- Right-click the file and then click on Restore previous versions. You can see a list of available previous versions of the file.
- Before restoring a previous version of the file, select the previous version and click Open to view it and make sure it’s the same version you are looking for.
- Now select the previous version and click Restore.
- Using Remo Recover
Remo Recover software is one of the best tools to recover shift deleted files. The software can recover more than 300 different kinds of file types including Office files, audios, videos, pictures.
If the file type you are looking for is not listed, you can search it in the search window and Remo Recover software will safely restore it.
I was scared when I lost important files from my system. Remo Recover software lived up to the trust and I am happy that I could recover my deleted files.
Remo Recover software can restore data even after you re-installed your Operating system.
An easy user interface makes the deleted file recovery process extremely simple.