When Outlook users try to send and receive emails in Outlook 2010 application an error message encounter showing “Outlook data file cannot be accessed”. This may be due to change of PST file location or it usually happen after upgrading from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 and transferred all previous .pst files that Outlook 2007 was using. However, if you are getting such error then you will not be able to receive emails. Let us see some precautionary measures so that you can avoid errors that often occur in MS Outlook 2010:
- It is good to clean unwanted stuff from inbox, drafts, outbox, sent items, deleted items and all other folders to load Outlook 2010 application quickly.
- Archiving PST and OST data files of Outlook helps in running MS Outlook 2010 profile efficiently.
- Perform all the necessary setting in Outlook application before importing data files of outlook or upgrading MS Outlook from older version to new version.
If you have experience the above said error then you will not be able to access Outlook data file which are PST and OST. One of the major reason behind the inaccessibility of Outlook data files is corruption which occur in online or offline mode because of various issues.
There can be many factors which are responsible for corrupting PST or OST. Let’s understand few common scenarios that cause unreadable data file:
- Abrupt Termination of Outlook 2010: Many times Outlook users don’t close the Outlook application properly which results in damaged .pst file.
- Virus Attacks: The intrusion of viruses is one of the common reason for corrupting Outlook data files and makes them inaccessible.
- Over size: Exceeding size limit of data file is the major cause for corruption. But Outlook 2010 has extended its size up to 50GB, just make sure that PST file must not be oversized to avoid corruption.
- Sharing PST file: There is high risk of corruption when you share PST files over a network, so it’s better to avoid it.
No need to bother about such situations, there is an inbuilt Inbox repair tool provided by MS Outlook 2010 called scanpst.exe to fix the error. But in case, if scanpst.exe fails to resolve the error then adopt consistent Outlook repair tool like Remo Repair PST.
Amazing features of Remo Repair PST software
Remo Repair PST repair software efficiently repairs inaccessible / corrupted data files of Outlook 2010 by recovering all its items securely. This program work reliably and you should opt for repair outlook data file cannot be accessed 2010, if your Outlook 2010 is not able to access the data files or when an Outlook is not responding.
This PST repair utility has the ability to repair large Outlook 2010 .pst file and its pretty advanced than the scanpst.exe inbuilt tool. Besides this, it can easily restore deleted emails with all attributes like To, CC, Subject, attachments, etc. Remo Recover does not modify the source file as it works in read-only mode that extract contents from the original file and creates healthy .pst file. Moreover, you can view the recovered file before actually buying the full licensed version by using Preview option.
More about Remo Repair PST Repair Software
- This utility works well and repairs .pst file created on different versions of MS Outlook like Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and 2000.
- Even password protected and compressed files are fixed by this wizard.
- User friendly GUI helps Outlook users in repairing process with utmost ease.
In addition to this features, supports various Windows editions like MS Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP and Windows server 2003 & Windows 2008.